CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Serendipity School House

We went to the Winter Festival at Serendipity School House this past Saturday. I read about the fest on Craigslist, and was interested since we're looking for a new preschool for Eva. The ad invited everyone to the winter fest to enjoy crafts, play and snacks. It also said they have openings left for the 08/09 school year and have scholarships available. COUNT US IN!

We get there, and I immediately felt a connection. I have always wanted my girls to attend a Waldorf School, and when I read that this was also a Dual-Language (American Sign Language) Waldorf school, I knew I wanted to do whatever I could to get Eva in.

We enjoyed our day at the open house. Eva made a felted critter, felted soap, we munched on handmade artisan breads with apricot spread and I sipped local coffee from St. Johns Roasters.
Both girls played outside (in the rain) in the adorable playhouse while I shopped for wool longies for Grace and Christmas gifts from many local mama-made vendors.

We entered the raffle for the gift basket donated courtesy of The Steiner Storehouse. It included a Quick-to-Knit Scarf Kit, Bambino Dino Co-Op game, Sarah's Silks Star Skytail, a wooden Unicorn Set (which Grace was very fond of) and TWO Waldorf Dolls- a 10" braided blondie dressed in hemp rain gear, and a 14" redhead dressed at Little Red Riding Hood complete with cape and wood basket. WOW!!!! We entered without skipping a heartbeat.

We got our application and scholarship app pack form Johanna, the super sweet teacher I had been in contact with, chatted for a few minutes and off we went. I promised to return later in the week with the completed applications and would set up the next steps. When we were buckling up in the car, Eva said "I want to come here everyday Momma". She raved about it the whole way home, and clutched tightly to the crafts she made.

I got a call on Sunday from Johanna telling me we had WON THE RAFFLE!!!!!! I nearly started crying I was so happy!!! I had hoped and wished and prayed we'd win the raffle, as I know how much the girls would enjoy the gifts and since we're a little strapped for money right now this would really help brighten the holidays and they would enjoy opening these little treasures Christmas morning.

Today I dropped off my application and picked up the basket. I really feel this is the fit for our family for schooling. It's not exactly close (We're in Vancouver, it's in St John's) but it really wouldn't be too bad if Mike and I split up the driving schedule. Since we may receive assistance with tuition, I think it will be in our budget too. Until we complete the rest of our application process, we'll continue to pray and hope it all works out.

0 comments: